Cox & Palmer has assembled a multidisciplinary team of business, litigation and employment lawyers, patent and trade-mark agents who understand technology and intellectual property issues and who are able to provide timely and practical advice.
From business formation and general business advice, to tax and securities structuring, we deliver the specific services required by our clients. We advise owner-operated companies to corporations listed on the TSE in the entertainment, technology, intellectual property, telecommunications, energy and traditional business categories.
Key Service Areas
- protecting intellectual property (securing patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets and other forms of intellectual property in all sectors) including registration and enforcement against infringement
- proprietary rights agreements, joint venture agreements, software escrow contracts, outsourcing agreements, research and development agreements, distribution agreements, and all forms of licensing
- patent, trade-mark & copyright litigation
- domain name disputes under UDRP
- joint venture agreements
- optimizing tax incentives, scientific, research and development incentives
- development of policies related to e-mail, Internet and electronic data interchange
- compliance strategies for privacy and data protection laws
- assisting with compliance under newly developing anti-spam laws
- intellectual property management strategies
- start-up formation and early stage/spin off corporation advice
- assisting with debt and equity financing from banks, angel investors and venture capital organizations
- intellectual property and technology commercialization and transactions (acquisition and divestiture of intellectual property and technology assets and businesses)
Registered Trade-mark Agents
Registered Patent Agent
For further information on our technology and intellectual property services, please contact any of our lawyers listed below.