Phone: (902) 491-4117
Fax: (902) 421-3130
Phone: (902) 421-6262 ext 5231
Fax: (902) 421-3131
Born in Toronto and raised in Wedgeport, Nova Scotia, Patrick was admitted to the Nova Scotia Bar in 1998, having completed his education at Saint Mary's University (B. Comm. 1990), University of Windsor (M.B.A. 1991), and Dalhousie Law School (LL.B., 1997).
With clients ranging from entrepreneurs and startups to publicly listed companies, Patrick is frequently called upon to advise and assist on all aspects of business law, including issues relating to unlimited companies (ULC’s). His experience includes assisting clients in mergers and acquisitions as well as public offerings, private equity transactions and financings.
Patrick's practice also consists of advising on intellectual property and technology law issues including protection and commercialization. He has significant experience in technology transactions including licensing, acquisitions and sales of intellectual property assets, multi-year IT outsourcing and agreements relating to the internet and cloud based applications and services. He is currently the chair of the Halifax office’s Business Law practice group, the Intellectual Property & Technology practice group and the lawyer responsible for the Halifax Corporate Services Department.
Patrick is the current chair of the Securities Law subsection and past chair of the Intellectual Property Law subsection of the Canadian Bar Association (Nova Scotia). He is also a former officer and director of Digital Nova Scotia (formerly, Information Technology Industry Alliance of Nova Scotia).
Canadian Bar Association
Nova Scotia Barristers' Society
Nova Scotia (1998)
Saint Mary's University (B.Comm. 1990)
University of Windsor (M.B.A. 1991)
Dalhousie Law School (LL.B. 1997)
Registered Trade-mark Agent (Canada)
- Listed as a leading practitioner by the publication The Best Lawyers in Canada since 2008 for his practice in the areas of Information Technology Law and Mergers and Acquisitions
- Recognized in the 2013 Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory as a leading practitioner in Corporate Finance
Patrick has lectured and written on numerous topics in the areas of governance, technology contracting, securities law, venture capital, intellectual property, business expansion, and e-commerce.
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- Canadian IT Law Association
- International Technology Law Association
- Canadian Bar Assoc - Chair Securities NS
- Taste of Nova Scotia - Advisor to Board of Directors
- Nova Scotia Barristers Society - Service Nova Scotia and Municipal Relations Liaison Committee
Director of Triathlon Nova Scotia
Taste of Nova Scotia - Advisor to Board of Directors