Edward W. Keyes
Phone: (506) 633-2706
Fax: (506) 632-8809
Cell: (506) 333-9009
Phone: (506) 633-4255
Fax: (506) 632-8809
- General litigation practice acting as litigation counsel in a broad range of cases including civil, commercial, banking & insolvency, personal injury, employment and construction matters.
- Litigation counsel in various cases on behalf of the Federal Government.
- Appeared before numerous regulatory boards including the New Brunswick Energy and Utilities Board and the Provincial Planning Appeal Board.
- General corporate & commercial practice representing a number of New Brunswick businesses and individuals including acting on incorporations; negotiating commercial contracts; drafting commercial documents for own clients and acting on numerous corporate and commercial files within the firm.
- Acting on behalf of franchisees, both in litigation matters and in negotiating and drafting all aspects of franchise agreements including drafting commercial leases, shareholders agreement and supply contracts.
- Acting for corporate clients on purchase, sale and construction of various commercial properties, acting on the financing of same, negotiation and drafting of contracts with architects, general contractors and various sub-contractors.
- Acting on various corporate and commercial matters including tax-motivated corporate reorganizations, transfer of ownership of family-held corporations, preparation of asset and share transfer documentation; preparation of opinion work on various corporate and commercial and corporate matters.
- Chairs disciplinary hearing panels for Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and The Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada (MFDA).
Canadian Bar Association
Law Society of New Brunswick
Saint John Law Society
New Brunswick (1991)
University of New Brunswick
St. Francis Xavier University (B.Sc. 1984)
University of New Brunswick (LL.B. 1990)
- Chair, Discipline Hearing Panel - New Brunswick Council, Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and The Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada (MFDA) (2004 to Present)
- Member - Defence Research Institute
- Past President - Canadian Bar Association, New Brunswick Branch
- Past President - Young Lawyers Sub-section, Canadian Bar Association, New Brunswick Branch
- Member - Board of Directors, Salvation Army
- Member - City of Saint John Planning Advisory Committee
- Member - St. Joseph’s Hospital Advisory Council
- Past President - Canadian Association of Police Boards
- Past Chair - Saint John Board of Police Commissioners
- Past Chair - St. Joseph’s Hospital Foundation
- Past Vice-Chair - Board of Commissioners, Saint John Energy