Charles D. Whelly, QC
Phone: (506) 633-2720
Fax: (506) 632-8809
Phone: (506) 633-2774
Fax: (506) 632-8809
Litigation counsel in a broad range of cases, usually involving commercial, planning, environmental, construction or professional issues.
Canadian Bar Association
Law Society of New Brunswick
Saint John Law Society
New Brunswick (1978)
University of New Brunswick
University of New Brunswick (LL.B. 1978)
University of New Brunswick (B.B.A. 1975)
- Recognized as a Best Lawyers 2014 Lawyer of the Year in the area of Corporate and Commercial Litigation.
- Consistently recognized in the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory as a leading practitioner in Litigation - Commercial Insurance and Litigation - Directors' & Officers' Liability.
- Listed as a leading practitioner by the publication The Best Lawyers in Canada since 2006 for his practice in the area of Corporate and Commercial Litigation.
- Appointed a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers in 2008, one of the premier legal associations in America.
- Martindale-Hubbell Ratings: AV
- Canadian Bankers Association
- Continuing Legal Education, Law Society of New Brunswick
- Bar Admission Course, Law Society of New Brunswick
- EPIC Continuing Education - Tendering
- Mid-Winter Meeting, New Brunswick Branch Canadian Bar Association
- All China Lawyers Association – Organizing the Legal Profession – Changsha, China – April, 2001
- Member - RBC Life Insurance Company, Board of Directors (1998 - Present)
- Member - RBC General Insurance Company, Board of Directors (2004 - Present)
- Member - RBC Insurance Company of Canada, Board of Directors (2004 - Present)
- Honourary Consul of the Netherlands for N.B. & P.E.I (1988-2003)
- Canadian Bar Insurance Association - Board of Directors (1985-1995); Member of Management Board (1987-1995); Vice-President and Treasurer (1989-1991); Acting President (1990-1991); President (1991-1993); Past President (1993-1995)
- Canadian Lawyers Insurance Association - Advisory Board (1988 - ), Treasurer (1994–2000); Executive & Finance Committee (1994 - Present); Vice-Chair (2000-2006); Chair (2006 - Present). [CLIA is an insurance reciprocal that provides errors and omissions coverage to lawyers throughout Canada]
- Board of Directors - Chancery Reinsurance Limited (1992-1997)