Family law matters are often some of the most deeply emotional of all legal challenges. Approaching every client's case with respect, consideration, and understanding goes a long way toward achieving agreeable outcomes. To this end, we hold ourselves to a high degree of client accessibility, and we work to establish a relationship of mutual understanding.
Cox & Palmer’s experienced team of family law professionals offer a broad range of services in all matters relating to domestic relationships, separation and divorce. Whether you are seeking assistance with a custody and access matter, an adoption, or a complex division of property, our team of professionals is here to help.
Our lawyers have extensive litigation experience and regularly appear as counsel at all levels of Court. We also offer a variety of alternate dispute resolution (ADR) options, including mediation, negotiation and collaborative alternatives.
With Cox & Palmer, you can be confident that your interests are being effectively and personally handled.
- Pre-planning services, including cohabitation and marriage agreements and general advice on the impact of marriage or cohabitation on a variety of issues
- Separation or divorce services including contested and uncontested divorce, separation agreements, custody and access, child support and spousal support, and division of property
- Post separation or divorce services, including enforcing compliance with current orders or agreements and varying current orders or agreements
- Adoption services, including private adoption within Atlantic Canada
- Depth of experience – our family law team includes some of the most well respected family law professionals in Atlantic Canada.
- Options – whether you are seeking negotiation, a traditional litigation based approach or alternative dispute resolution options, our team has the training and experience required to help.
- Individualized service – we take the time to get to know you and to recommend solutions and offer alternatives that suit your specific goals.
- Bilingualism – legal services are available in both French and English.
Additional resources and information:
We understand that separation and divorce can be a difficult and overwhelming time, so we’ve included some links to help guide you through the process of resolving your dispute.
- The Federal Child Support Guidelines are the starting point for all things related to child support. This link brings you to a step-by-step guide to the Federal Child Support Guidelines provided by the Department of Justice.
- This Child Support Online Look-up is made available through the Department of Justice and will give you an idea of the amount of child support that may be payable in your case.
- The homepage for the International Association of Collaborative Professionals provides information on collaborative law solutions, together with helpful links and FAQ’s that can help guide you in determining the best method to resolve your dispute.
The websites below provide a great deal of general information about Family Law in each province in an easy to understand format. Among the helpful family law information available are publications on marital property, child support, spousal support and custody and access. They also contain Court forms together with helpful information on how they should be completed.
New Brunswick | Newfoundland & Labrador | Nova Scotia | Prince Edward Island