Put simply, your interests are our top priority. Our multidisciplinary team of business, litigation, and employment lawyers, and patent and trade-mark agents have a full understanding of technology and intellectual property issues. Our timely and practical advice is tailored to your business and industry, based on a full understanding of your unique goals and aspirations.
From business formation and general business advice, to tax and securities structuring, we deliver the specific services you require. We advise owner-operated companies to corporations listed on the TSX in the entertainment, technology, intellectual property, telecommunications, energy and traditional business categories.
Key Service Areas:
- Protecting intellectual property (securing patents, copyrights, trade-marks, trade secrets and other forms of intellectual property in all sectors) including registration and enforcement against infringement.
- Proprietary rights agreements, joint venture agreements, software escrow contracts, outsourcing agreements, research and development agreements, distribution agreements, and all forms of licensing.
- Patent, trade-mark & copyright litigation.
- Domain name disputes under the CDRP and UDRP.
- Joint venture agreements.
- Optimizing tax incentives, scientific, research and development incentives.
- Development of policies related to e-mail, Internet and electronic data interchange.
- Compliance strategies for privacy and data protection laws.
- Assisting with compliance under newly developed anti-spam laws.
- Intellectual property management strategies.
- Start-up formation and early stage/spin off corporation advice.
- Assisting with debt and equity financing from banks, angel investors and venture capital organizations.
- Intellectual property and technology commercialization and transactions (acquisition and divestiture of intellectual property and technology assets and businesses).
Registered Trade-mark Agents
Registered Patent Agent