At Cox & Palmer, our support staff are an essential part of our team to deliver outstanding service to our clients. We pride ourselves on a collegial working atmosphere and supportive team environment, and have achieved this through our team of self-motivated, team-minded individuals with a strong work ethic, integrity and a commitment to client service.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist will actively enhance Cox & Palmer’s legal and client relationships by assisting with the collection of payment arrangements, while supporting and maintaining positive relations that lawyers currently have with their clients.
- Perform collection and A/R duties including analyzing client account history, researching and initiating a process for unresolved invoices, while maintaining a positive client relationship
- Responsible for identifying and accurately applying all incoming payments to corresponding accounts; identifying and resolving payment discrepancies
- Devise solutions for accounts that are challenging to collect, suggest payment plans, when necessary
- Analyze account history and prepare proper collection approach, within assigned practice group responsibilities, ensuring high level of responsiveness and maintain client-centred focus
- Develop and recommend procedures that are compatible with the firm's practice, management style, culture and size, in order to maximize results
- Monitor ageing and payment expectation of receivables and update lawyers accordingly
- Reduce the number of days from billed to collected, research and resolve outstanding invoices
- Provide accurate record account statuses that easily capture the essential information
- Identify any collection and A/R opportunities that reflects the firm’s commitment to client relationships, and enhances our future business operations
- Other duties as assigned by Chief Financial Officer
- Bachelor's degree, or related accounting/business diploma preferred
- Minimum of 5 years' experience within a high volume legal or professional service environment
- Current knowledge of credit & collections systems, and ability to understand credit reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work in a professional manner with clients, lawyers and various levels of staff
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word and Excel (Intermediate to advanced skills)
- Attention to detail – impeccable attentiveness to detail, proactive in eliminating errors in work
- Client service – exceptional follow-up and intuitively look for value-add opportunities
- Communications – establish and maintain positive and professional working relationships
- Initiative – welcome and values new work, contribute ideas, and assists colleagues
- Organization – adeptly manages completing tasks using available resources
- Dependable – work is accurate and thorough, and reflects pride in ownership and accountability
Cox & Palmer is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is a member of the Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network (LFDIN) and Pride at Work Canada.
Apply in confidence, on or before August 5, 2015, with resume and cover letter to: Human Resources, Cox & Palmer – Halifax, coxandpalmer.com. Qualified candidates will be interviewed as applications are received. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.