At Cox & Palmer, our colleagues are an essential part of our team to deliver outstanding service to our clients. We pride ourselves on a collegial working atmosphere and supportive team environment, and have achieved this through our team of self-motivated, team-minded individuals with a strong work ethic, integrity and a commitment to client service.
Recognized consistently over the last six years as one of the Best Places to Work in Atlantic Canada
, Cox & Palmer provides a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, employer paid benefit premiums, matching employer pension contributions, employee assistance program, annual health and fitness allowance, and more.
The Admin/Payroll Assistant is responsible for assisting with the recruitment and orientation for new legal and non-legal staff, maintaining employee records, benefit and pension administration and payroll administration. The assistant also provides general administrative support to the Director, Talent Management, Director of Professional Development, and the Chief Operating Officer.
- Oversee and maintain all aspects of the payroll process; including running accurate bi-weekly payroll and processing year end requirements
- Support all administrative aspects of the talent lifecycle for all employees across the organization; including supporting the recruitment process, scheduling and coordinating orientations and onboarding, maintaining training documents and manuals
- Oversee and maintain pension and benefit programs, including processing enrollments, changes, and facilitating all related reports
- Prepare and maintain employee files and respective HRIS, ensuring the accuracy of employee data and records
- Assist with employee performance and professional development
- Maintain applicable membership enrollment, program, and coordinate training and events
- Other related duties, as required
- Completion of post-secondary education in human resources or business administration an asset
- Minimum two years experience with payroll processing and administration (ADP preferred); certification with Canadian Payroll Association (PCP) an asset
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience supporting employee relation initiatives, processes and programs, including professional development and recruitment an asset
- Attention to detail – impeccable ability to maintain and enhance the presentation of the organization
- Communications – establish and maintain positive and professional relationships
- Initiative – welcome and values new work, contribute ideas, and assists colleagues
- Organization – adeptly manages completing tasks using available resources
- Dependable – work is accurate, thorough, completed in a timely manner, and reflects pride in ownership and accountability
Cox & Palmer is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is a member of the Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network (LFDIN)
Apply in confidence, on or before March 16, 2015, with resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources, Cox & Palmer – Halifax
coxandpalmer.com Qualified candidates will be interviewed as applications are received. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.