We’re looking for a Legal Assistant to join our Charlottetown office.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to work in one of Atlantic Canada’s largest law firms. Our Charlottetown office is seeking to fill one full-time Legal Assistant position in the Property Department. This individual must be a client-service oriented and team player with exceptional interpersonal skills who thrives on working in a professional environment.
Reporting to the Director of Administration, the Legal Assistant’s duties include:
- Preparing, reviewing and editing a wide range of legal documents and correspondence of a confidential nature, transcribing dictation as needed, ensuring high quality, accuracy and comprehensiveness
- Acting as a liaison between assigned lawyer(s) and clients as well as realtors, financial institutions, and municipal and government departments as requested.
- Creating and maintaining a filing system;
- Performing conflict searches, external searches, and processing client intake forms
- Managing all incoming and outgoing mail, e-mail, faxes and phone calls in a confidential, organized and efficient manner
- Establishing and maintaining a current calendar of events and a deadline reminder system
- Requesting statements of account and closing transactions
- Where applicable, preparing and maintaining client records
Qualifications and experience:
- Legal Assistant diploma supplemented by property experience in a law firm or equivalent combination of experience
- Strong client service orientation
- Superior verbal and written communication
Recognized as one of the 25 Best Places to Work in Atlantic Canada for the past six consecutive years, Cox & Palmer offers a challenging and supportive work environment and competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Please submit your application by 5 p.m., September 2nd to:
Cox & Palmer
We thank all applicants for their interest. Applicants will receive an emailed response confirming receipt of their resume submission. Due to the high number of applications Cox & Palmer receives, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.