At Cox & Palmer, our support staff are an essential part of our team to deliver outstanding service to our clients. We pride ourselves on a collegial working atmosphere and supportive team environment, and have achieved this through our team of self-motivated, team-minded individuals with a strong work ethic, integrity and a commitment to client service.
Recognized consistently over the last six years as one of the Best Places to Work in Atlantic Canada, Cox & Palmer provides a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, employer paid benefit premiums, matching employer pension contributions, employee assistance program, annual health and fitness allowance, and more.
The Legal Assistant - Corporate Commercial will actively enhance Cox & Palmer’s legal and client relationship effectiveness by providing legal administrative skills and services and legal assistant support to the assigned lawyer(s).
- Accurately prepare, maintain and organize legal documents and correspondence
- Process daily e-mails, phone messages, and time sheets
- Maintain detailed and accurate client and administrative files
- Maintain calendars: schedule and organize meetings, assist with client meetings, make travel arrangements, and update address books
- Provide overflow support and help to other assistants as time allows
- Other duties, as required
- Legal assistant or paralegal diploma
- 5+ years of Corporate Commercial experience
- Intermediate to advanced MS Word skills
- Experience using Outlook, and Aderant Expert an asset
- Minimum 60 wpm typing speed and transcription experience
- Attention to detail – impeccable grammar, spelling, punctuation and contextual use of words
- Client service – exceptional follow-up and intuitively look for value-add opportunities
- Communications – establish and maintain positive and professional working relationships
- Initiative – welcome and values new work, contribute ideas, and assists colleagues
- Organization – adeptly manages completing tasks using available resources
- Dependable – work is accurate, thorough, completed in a timely manner, and reflects pride in ownership and accountability
Apply in confidence with resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources, Cox & Palmer – Halifax
Qualified candidates will be interviewed as applications are received. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.