At Cox & Palmer, our support staff are an essential part of our team to deliver outstanding service to our clients. We pride ourselves on a collegial working atmosphere and supportive team environment, and have achieved this through our team of self-motivated, team-minded individuals with a strong work ethic, integrity and a commitment to client service.
Recognized consistently over the last six years as one of the Best Places to Work in Atlantic Canada, Cox & Palmer provides a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, employer paid benefit premiums, matching employer pension contributions, employee assistance program, annual health and fitness allowance, and more.
The Office Services Assistant will actively enhance Cox & Palmer’s Office Services by providing reception relief on a daily basis and coverage for the office services team (including support for the document centre, and boardroom services).
- Reception support
- Facilitate a multi-line telephone and greeting clients in a positive and professional image
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing couriers and electronic fax distribution
- Document Centre support
- Copying, printing, scanning and binding documents
- Boardroom Services support
- Coordinate and oversee catering for meetings, maintain presentation for meeting rooms, and ensure all areas are tidy and well stocked
- Other related duties, as required
- Completion of post-secondary education in office administration or related program an asset
- Prior receptionist experience an asset. Experience in a professional services firm is preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Outlook skills
- Attention to detail – impeccable ability to maintain and enhance the presentation of the organization
- Communications – establish and maintain positive and professional relationships
- Initiative – welcome and values new work, contribute ideas, and assists colleagues
- Organization – adeptly manages completing tasks using available resources
- Dependable – work is accurate, thorough, completed in a timely manner, and reflects pride in ownership and accountability
Cox & Palmer is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is a member of the Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network (LFDIN). Apply in confidence, on or before March 9, 2015, with resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources, Cox & Palmer – Halifax
Qualified candidates will be interviewed as applications are received. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.