At Cox & Palmer, our support staff are an essential part of our team to deliver outstanding service to our clients. We pride ourselves on a collegial working atmosphere and supportive team environment, and have achieved
this through our team of self-motivated, team-minded individuals with a strong work ethic, integrity and a commitment to client service.
Recognized consistently over the last six years as one of the Best Places to Work in Atlantic Canada, Cox & Palmer provides a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, employer paid benefit premiums, matching employer pension contributions, employee assistance program, annual health and fitness allowance, and more.
- Maintain security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
- Maintain safe and clean reception area.
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Coordinate the receiving and shipping of parcels, documents and packages.
- Other related duties in Office Services (including supporting document centre activities).
- Completion of post-secondary education in office administration or related program an asset.
- Previous experience in reception position, with a customer service oriented disposition, with a polished telephone presence.
- Experience in a professional services firm is preferred.
- Computer skills an asset (Microsoft Office Skills).
- Attention to detail – impeccable ability to maintain and enhance the presentation of the organization
- Communications – establish and maintain positive and professional relationships
- Initiative – welcome and values new work, contribute ideas, and assists colleagues
- Organization – adeptly manages completing tasks using available resource
- Dependable – work is accurate, thorough, completed in a timely manner, and reflects pride in ownership and accountability
Cox & Palmer is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is a member of the Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network (LFDIN) and Pride at Work.
Apply, on or before August 12th 2015, in confidence with resume and cover letter to: Human Resources, Cox & Palmer – Halifax, coxandpalmer.com. Qualified candidates will be interviewed as applications are received. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.