Cox & Palmer is a full-service, top-ranked Atlantic Canadian law firm with knowledge and experience clients rely on for solid legal solutions. The firm prides itself on a collegial work atmosphere and supportive team environment, having achieved this by hiring self-motivated, team-minded individuals with a strong work ethic, integrity and a commitment to client service.
Our Halifax office is currently seeking a senior Wills, Trusts, Estates lawyer with a minimum of 7 years practical experience to lead the Estate Planning group. The position comes with the potential of joining the partnership.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Provide advice, guidance and counsel to a wide variety of clients;
- Engage in strategic business development to enhance existing client relationships and attract new clients;
- Enhance and improve procedures and processes related to estate planning;
- Act as a mentor to junior associates and clerks;
- Possess the ability to teach and present in a variety of contexts including CPD and public seminars.
Skills and Qualifications
- Exercise a leadership role in the Estate Planning Group (transition support to assume the leadership role will be available);
- A minimum of 7 years experience in Wills, Trusts, and Estates;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation covering all areas of estate planning and document preparation;
- A highly motivated self-starter who has the ability to work well both autonomously and in a team environment;
- Attention to detail, proven organizational skills and an effective communicator;
- Membership in STEP would be an asset (TEP preferred);
- A member of the Nova Scotia Bar (or the potential to become a member).
Recognized consistently over the last six years as one of the Best Places to Work in Atlantic
Canada, Cox & Palmer, Halifax office provides a competitive salary and benefits package
- Health, dental, life and disability insurance;
- Group RRSP;
- Employer paid parking & professional membership fees;
- Smartphone allowance;
- Employee assistance program;
- Annual health and fitness allowance;
- Relocation assistance available.
Qualified candidates who are interested in the position should send a covering letter and resume by November 10, 2014 to:
Director of Professional Development
Cox & Palmer
Purdy’s Wharf, Tower I, Suite 1100
1959 Upper Water Street, Halifax, NS B3J 3N2
Direct: (902) 491 4453
For a PDF copy of this posting, please click below:
Senior Lawyer - Estates Planning Group
Cox & Palmer is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is a member of the Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network (LFDIN).