Our Halifax office is seeking an Associate Tax Lawyer to join our team. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial track record and ideally be experienced in both business taxation and estate planning & taxation.
Cox & Palmer is one of the largest full-service law firms in the Atlantic Canada region. Our clients are both businesses and individuals. We are also a member of World Services Group, a global network of over 15,000 leading professional service providers in 120 countries. Cox & Palmer has been an integral part of Atlantic Canada’s business community for over a century. Our clients look to us for advice during growth and prosperity, as well as in challenging economic times. We pride ourselves on a collegial work atmosphere and supportive team environment, and have achieved this by hiring self-motivated, team-minded individuals with a strong work ethic, integrity and a commitment to client service.
- 3 - 5 years practice experience in the field of income taxation, including:
- Advising owner-managed enterprises and their shareholders on corporate, personal tax, estate planning and compliance matters
- Implementing tax-planned reorganizations
- Advising clients on the tax implications of commercial transactions, including share and asset sale transactions and financings
Interested candidates should apply in confidence with a cover letter and resume to:
- Successfully completed the CICA’s In-Depth Tax course
- A strong aptitude for business development
- Membership in STEP would be an asset.
Director of Professional Development
Cox & Palmer
PO Box 2380 Stn Central
Halifax, NS B3J 3E5
Direct: (902) 491 4453
Fax: (902) 421-3130
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.