We’re looking for an Accounting Administrator to join our St. John’s office.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to work in one of Atlantic Canada’s largest law firms. The Accounting Administrator
is responsible for assisting in the financial and administrative management of the St. John’s office. This includes assisting the CFO in preparation of financial analyses, budgets and reports; performing a variety of administrative, accounting and bookkeeping duties in order to maintain accurate financial and billing records and reports; and assisting in the coordination of human resources and payroll administration.
- Oversees and directs all general accounting functions, including chart of accounts and general ledger, procedural aspects of the billing process, cash receipts and accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, petty cash, bank reconciliation and client trust funds.
- Supervises staff in the required financial functions and reception of the law office.
- Responsible for monitoring cash flow and performing cash management, including monitoring of borrowings against lines of credit.
- Assists in the preparation of annual budget, distribution of monthly financial statements and other reports useful to management in analyzing the firm’s performance and future direction.
- Assists in monitoring the inventory of unbilled time and disbursements and accounts receivable; meets with timekeepers as necessary to resolve problem cases.
- Coordinates payroll, payroll withholding function, employee payroll matters and salary and benefit administration.
- Assists in HR functions as it relates to tracking attendance, documenting employee leave and coordinates day to day reassignment of staff when necessary
- Prepares working paper file for annual review of law office’s financial records by external accountants.
- Responsible for the timely submission of all provincial and federal tax filings.
- Serves on various firm committees.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A diploma majoring in accounting and/or enrolled in a CPA/CGA course.
- Five to seven year’s experience in a progressive accounting role.
- Excellent problem solving and planning skills.
- Exceptional professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to excel in a very demanding environment with multiple leaders.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
Starting Salary: $40,000 to $45,000 per year
Recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Atlantic Canada in 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012, Cox & Palmer offers challenging work, a supportive work environment, and a full benefits package.
Please submit your application to:
Cox & Palmer c/o Human Resources