The Marketing Manager is responsible for carrying out the marketing goals and objectives of the firm through development, coordination, and implementation of all marketing and business development activities and events, ensuring that they are completed on brand, in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Develops, implements, and monitors the firm marketing and business development initiatives and budgets in conjunction with the Marketing Partner, COO and Practice Groups. Identifies opportunities to increase the profile of the firm and its lawyers.
- Prepares and manages internal and external communications, including advertising, media relations, lawyer biographies, and practice area profiles.
- Manages, coordinates, and evaluates firm events including, professional speaking engagements, client seminars, and annual client events.
- Manages, coordinates, and evaluates the firm’s sponsorship requests and initiatives.
- Supports local and regional business development initiatives (at a local level) by conducting marketing research, tracking projects and business development leads.
- Manages all aspects of the firm’s marketing initiatives by maintaining a supply of promotional items, responding to request for marketing and promotional materials, maintaining a marketing database, approving marketing accounts payable, maintaining files of marketing records and materials.
- Assists with written responses to requests for proposals and client presentations.
- Acts as a liaison with the regional marketing department, graphic designers, printers, advertising vendors, consultants and suppliers of promotional materials.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education: Degree or certification in marketing, advertising, or public relations from a recognized post-secondary institution.
Experience: Three to five years of experience in a marketing or communications management position.
- Strong client service orientation skills.
- Superior verbal communication, writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite. Database management experience an asset.
- Familiarity with brand management, graphic design and desktop publishing principles.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize effectively.
- Capacity to work with minimum supervision.
Recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Atlantic Canada for the past five consecutive years, Cox & Palmer offers challenging work, a supportive work environment, full benefits package and salary commensurate with experience. Please submit your confidential cover letter and résumé by Monday, July 8 2013 to:
Cox & Palmer c/o Human Resources
Suite 1000, Scotia Centre
235 Water Street, St. John’s, NL A1C 1B6