Our Halifax office is seeking a personable, polished
and professional Receptionist who is committed to providing exceptional
At Cox & Palmer, our support staff is an
essential part of our team effort to deliver outstanding service to our
clients. We pride ourselves on a collegial working atmosphere and supportive team environment, and have
achieved this by hiring self-motivated, team-minded individuals with a strong
work ethic, integrity and a commitment to client service.
consistently over the last four years as one of the Best Places to Work in
Atlantic Canada, Cox & Palmer provides a competitive
salary and comprehensive benefits:
- Employer paid premiums for individual or family health and dental benefits
- Pension with matching employer contribution
- Employee assistance program and an
- Annual health and fitness allowance.
Summary of Responsibilities
include receiving and greeting visitors, utilizing a multiline switchboard, coordinating
incoming and outgoing couriers, and general clerical duties.
This is a permanent, full-time position
based in our Halifax office, with hours of work from 8:15 AM to 4:15 PM.
- Receive and greet visitors, direct them to the appropriate contacts and services, and provide information as required.
- Answer, screen and forward telephone calls, take messages and provide information as required. Includes recording and directing cold calls.
- Coordinate outgoing couriers and shipments. Receive, date stamp and sort all incoming mail, couriers and hand deliveries.
- Coordinate the daily boardroom schedule, alerting the hostess to new coffee and lunch orders.
- Liaison to building services: replacement of light bulbs, problems with heat or air conditioning systems, bathrooms, carpet vacuuming and shampooing.
- Manage and maintain security access cards and validate daily parking.
- Distribute incoming faxes when required.
- Maintain the reception and client waiting area.
- Other duties as required.
completion of a diploma in Office Services or an equivalent combination of
education and experience.
Minimum two (2) years of receptionist
experience in a professional work environment. Previous experience using a multi-line
switchboard service; experience using Cisco Unified Call Manager is an asset.
Skills & Qualifications
- You take pride in providing first class service to internal and external clients
- Personable, polished and professional, you possess exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrated experience providing support in a busy environment with a broad variety of administrative and clerical functions
- Demonstrated ability to investigate issues and sound decision making skills to resolve problems and/or escalate as appropriate
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a supportive team member
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Proficient with MS Office software
- Adaptability – you are comfortable juggling multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Attention to detail – you have impeccable grammar, spelling, punctuation and contextual use of words.
- Client service – you have great follow-up and look for opportunities to add value.
- Communications – you speak clearly and confidently, yet are a great listener.
- Initiative – you think about what you’re doing and contribute ideas of your own.
- Organization – your tasks are always completed and deadlines always met.
- Professionalism – you find it easy to stay positive and use appropriate means to proactively resolve issues.
- Punctuality – you prefer arrive a few minutes early rather than risk being late for work.
- Teamwork – you take the initiative to assist co-workers and enjoy working toward common goals.
Interested candidates should apply in
confidence with a cover letter and resume to:
Cox & Palmer
PO Box 2380
Halifax NS B3J 3E5
We thank all
applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview
will be contacted.